The Community House (1922-1966)
Jacob Kindleberger, who founded the Kalamazoo Vegetable Parchment Company in 1909, wanted to create a model village for his workers and its centerpiece was the Community House. Constructed in 1922, the building had a full-size auditorium and a dining hall. It was used for meetings and concerts and served as the village's first church. It was expanded in 1935 to include a wood shop and a gymnasium. The building was demolished in 1966. On the site today is a PNC bank at 317 S Riverview Drive, immediately north of the Parchment Community Library.
Click on any photograph to view it full-size and read more information about it