Photos of Parchment, Michigan, 1910-1949

Click on any photograph to view it full-size and read more information about it

Parchment City overview
Circa 1935. Kindleberger Park, foreground, is in an early stage of development.
Aerial view, circa 1935
The administration building, constructed in 1928, is seen in the center of the photo.
Aerial view, circa 1930
The Jacob Kindleberger home at 521 S Riverview Drive. The farm land that is to become Kindleberger Park beginning in 1933, has not yet been developed.
1929 house on Glendale
Riverview Dr in front of KVP laboratory
Circa 1940. Looking north on Riverview Drive, not far from where the library stands today.
Parchment bus
This photo appears to have been taken in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Perhaps this vehicle was used to transport employees.
Interurban at Parchment
The electric railway connected Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids from 1915 to 1929.
KVP Firetruck
The company provided public services, such as this firetruck, to the growing village before it was incorporated. The house in this photo is the home of the company's founder, Jacob Kindleberger. Circa 1930.
Street 1
Circa 1940. If you can identify this street, please call the library at 269-343-7747 or e-mail us at ref@parchmentlibrary.org.
Show More

 401 S Riverview Dr.  Parchment, MI 49004 

© 2017 by the Parchment Community Library.