Reserve a Room
To reserve a room, please stop in, or call 343-7747, or click below to fill out an online form.
Meeting Room Policy
Find our complete meeting room policy by clicking below.
- Non-profit groups may use our meeting rooms at no charge. Library meeting rooms may not be used for private functions.
- For-profit groups may use the room for a fee of $50.00 for 2 hours.
- 1100 sq. ft. room on our lower level, with 8 tables, 50 chairs, two wall screens, integrated sound system, and a kitchen. The room can be divided into two sections with a folding wall.
- We have a media projector, DVD player, MP3 connection, slide projector, and a microphone available for use within the room.
- Restrooms and a water fountain are also on the lower level of the library.
Local History Room
- Small groups of 8 or less may use our Local History Room for meetings.
- The Local History Room may be reserved up to 1 month in advance.
Always available during library hours.
Call the number below and select option 1 to let us know you’re here.
Library staff will deliver your reserved items to you at the front door or to your car.
Please call before you visit to be sure the notary is available to assist you.
To ensure a quick and easy experience:
- Bring a valid photo ID. Each person required to sign the document must present valid, government-issued picture identification.
- Don’t sign the document until directed to do so by the notary. Each person required to sign the document must do so in the presence of the notary, after the notary has inspected the document and all identification cards.
- All signers must be present. All persons required to sign the document must be present at the same time.
What the PCL Notary cannot do:
- Notary services will NOT be provided for I-9 forms, closing or other real estate documents, trusts or wills, divorce or child custody, or blank pages, pages not related to the body of the document, or pages in a language other than English.
- Neither the notary nor any Library staff may act as witnesses.
- The notary cannot notarize that a record is an original copy of another record.
Important things to know about our notary service:
- There is no charge for this service – up to 3 documents per person per day.
- Notarizing a document does not constitute a legal review of the document’s content.
- The notary retains the right to refuse to notarize a document.
- The notary will maintain a journal wherein each transaction will be noted, along with the identification provided.
Keep Your Bike Safe While You’re At The Library
- Borrow one of our bike locks to secure your ride.
- When you leave, just drop the lock into the book drop near the bike rack.
- Our warmest thanks to Zoo City Bicycles, who donated four locks to the library.
Eyeglasses Donation Box
- The Lions Club maintains a collection box for used eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses in the library’s front lobby. Please donate any eyeglasses you no longer need.
- The Lions Club Eyeglass Recycling Program volunteers clean and sort the donated eyeglasses by prescription strength, package them and distribute them to those in need.
This collection was built by, and continues to be supplied by, our readers.
You don’t need a library card to borrow these books. In fact, you never have to return them if you don’t want to! Take as many as you like, and return them (or not) as you wish. If you have mystery or romance paperbacks in good condition that you don’t need anymore, bring them in for others to enjoy.
Tax Season Info
IRS 1040 and 1040SR tax forms and instructions typically arrive at the library by late January or early February. Michigan tax forms will be mailed to libraries after they have been mailed to taxpayers who used paper forms last year, and usually arrive by mid-February. Staff at the front desk can help you obtain tax forms online anytime (15 cents per page).
Local Tax Assistance
Local volunteers (AARP or VITA) provide free tax preparation services each year from February 1 through April 15, by appointment only.
To make an appointment, call the library at (269) 343-7747. We begin taking appointments the last full week in January. Appointments fill very quickly!